Michelle Duggar Says Overpopulation Is a Lie
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.2 of 7
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.4 of 7
- Photo: Scott Enlow/TLC/.5 of 7
- Photo: TLC/.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Craig Ferguson plays it loose with new game showMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:49:17 AM
- 'Maze Runner' Buries 'Tombstones' and Laughs Off 'This MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- Box office: 'Maze Runner' buries Liam Neeson's 'Tombstones&aMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 7:49:00 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OK
Michelle Duggar, the reality show mother of 19 children, says people are being deceived about the concept of overpopulation, which she says is a lie.
"The idea of overpopulation is not accurate because, really, the entire population of the world, if they were stood shoulder to shoulder, could fit in the city limits of Jacksonville," Duggar told the Christian Broadcasting Network. "So if you realize that aspect of it, we realize we're not anywhere near being overpopulated."
"I agree with Mother Teresa when she says, to say that there are too many kids is like saying there are too many flowers," she added.
Duggar, who stars along with her husband, Jim Bob, and kids in TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," pointed out that various countries in the world have experienced population declines that are now causing significant problems.
"We've had other countries coming to our doorstep asking us to please let their people know that they need to have more children because they are seeing that their death rates are outnumbering their births rates, and they're in crisis. They don't have people of marrying age for their youth now, and they see what that's done to their countries. And so I think we are so deceived when we believe that. That's not true. It's a lie," Duggar said.
Duggar said that even though she has 19 children and is open to having more, her family does what it can to conserve resources, for example buying used cars and purchasing other items from thrift stores in keeping with
the motto "buy used and save the difference."
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Couple To Be Married Live at ACM Awards
Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
See what famous names Reese Witherspoon, George Clooney and other celebs have given their pets.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite