Michelle Duggar Says Overpopulation Is a Lie
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.2 of 7
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: TLC/Scott Enlow/.4 of 7
- Photo: Scott Enlow/TLC/.5 of 7
- Photo: TLC/.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Michelle Duggar, the reality show mother of 19 children, says people are being deceived about the concept of overpopulation, which she says is a lie.
"The idea of overpopulation is not accurate because, really, the entire population of the world, if they were stood shoulder to shoulder, could fit in the city limits of Jacksonville," Duggar told the Christian Broadcasting Network. "So if you realize that aspect of it, we realize we're not anywhere near being overpopulated."
"I agree with Mother Teresa when she says, to say that there are too many kids is like saying there are too many flowers," she added.
Duggar, who stars along with her husband, Jim Bob, and kids in TLC's "19 Kids and Counting," pointed out that various countries in the world have experienced population declines that are now causing significant problems.
"We've had other countries coming to our doorstep asking us to please let their people know that they need to have more children because they are seeing that their death rates are outnumbering their births rates, and they're in crisis. They don't have people of marrying age for their youth now, and they see what that's done to their countries. And so I think we are so deceived when we believe that. That's not true. It's a lie," Duggar said.
Duggar said that even though she has 19 children and is open to having more, her family does what it can to conserve resources, for example buying used cars and purchasing other items from thrift stores in keeping with
the motto "buy used and save the difference."
Related on Wonderwall & MSN:
Related stories on ETonline.com:
Couple To Be Married Live at ACM Awards
Peter Facinelli Files for Divorce
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite