Michelle Duggar 'trying' to get pregnant with 20th child
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA1 of 6
- Photo: Patsy Lynch/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: BETH HALL/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Danny Johnston/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
After suffering a devastating miscarriage in December 2011, Michelle Duggar is trying to get pregnant again with her 20th child. The "19 Kids and Counting"" reality TV mom says she and husband Jim Bob Duggar are hoping to be "blessed" with another pregnancy.
"I would hope, but we are not expecting right now," Michelle, 47, shares in a new interview with Celebrity Baby Scoop. "I would be so grateful if the Lord blessed us with another one. We're trying at this point and we shall see if that is a possibility. If not, we are so thankful and grateful for the ones that God has given us so far. We are also definitely enjoying our grandbabies! They are so precious!"
Michelle and Jim Bob, 48, are already parents to 19 children with names all starting with "J," and have three grandchildren: Their oldest son Josh, 25, is a father of three with wife Anna: Mackynzie, 4, Michael, 2, and Marcus, 4 months.
In an interview with the "TODAY" show in April, Michelle and Jim Bob, married 29 years, said they have considered adopting their 20th child. "We're praying about if the Lord would want us to adopt," Michelle said. Jim Bob added, "We have set up our home to be designed for taking care of children. We love children, and we really believe every child is a special gift from God."
Michelle tells Celebrity Baby Scoop that she doesn't believe in overpopulation. "We have studied it and I believe that there is a misconception about overpopulation. I think that the whole mindset of overpopulation is really overrated," the Duggar family matriarch explains. "A few years back, we stated that the whole population of the world could be stood shoulder-to-shoulder in Jacksonville. That may have changed a little bit since we've heard that statistic."
"I think that there is this ideology that goes behind overpopulation that I don't really agree with," she adds. "It's a different perspective and that's where people have their different ideas, and that's okay. That's what makes the world go around; there are many different ideas and different perspectives about certain topics."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite