Mindy Kaling debuts bangs, wanted to look like 'one of Pharrell's friends'
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Ever struggled to describe the look you're going for to your hairstylist?
Well, Mindy Kaling solved that problem for women everywhere. For a styling session for her appearance "Chelsea Lately," The "Mindy Project" star, 34, told her stylists that she wanted to look like "one of Pharrell's friends," according to her post on Instagram on April 7.
Hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein ran with it and gave Kaling bangs and long, face-framing layers, while makeup artist Katey Denno defined the star's eyes and added a bright pink lip.
The bestselling author then completed the edgy look with a Helmut Lang blazer and shirt, Marc Jacobs jewelry, and Gucci shoes.
However, the bangs were short-lived. Later that night, Kaling posted fringe-free pictures, but, at least, kept the perky pink lip.
Should Mindy get bangs for real? Tweet with @UsWeekly using #stylebyUs!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite