Mindy Kaling debuts bangs, wanted to look like 'one of Pharrell's friends'
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Ever struggled to describe the look you're going for to your hairstylist?
Well, Mindy Kaling solved that problem for women everywhere. For a styling session for her appearance "Chelsea Lately," The "Mindy Project" star, 34, told her stylists that she wanted to look like "one of Pharrell's friends," according to her post on Instagram on April 7.
Hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein ran with it and gave Kaling bangs and long, face-framing layers, while makeup artist Katey Denno defined the star's eyes and added a bright pink lip.
The bestselling author then completed the edgy look with a Helmut Lang blazer and shirt, Marc Jacobs jewelry, and Gucci shoes.
However, the bangs were short-lived. Later that night, Kaling posted fringe-free pictures, but, at least, kept the perky pink lip.
Should Mindy get bangs for real? Tweet with @UsWeekly using #stylebyUs!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite