Mindy Kaling debuts bangs, wanted to look like 'one of Pharrell's friends'
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'HerMSNEntertainment 7/26/2014 8:16:00 AM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Blasts Past The Rock's 'Her
Ever struggled to describe the look you're going for to your hairstylist?
Well, Mindy Kaling solved that problem for women everywhere. For a styling session for her appearance "Chelsea Lately," The "Mindy Project" star, 34, told her stylists that she wanted to look like "one of Pharrell's friends," according to her post on Instagram on April 7.
Hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein ran with it and gave Kaling bangs and long, face-framing layers, while makeup artist Katey Denno defined the star's eyes and added a bright pink lip.
The bestselling author then completed the edgy look with a Helmut Lang blazer and shirt, Marc Jacobs jewelry, and Gucci shoes.
However, the bangs were short-lived. Later that night, Kaling posted fringe-free pictures, but, at least, kept the perky pink lip.
Should Mindy get bangs for real? Tweet with @UsWeekly using #stylebyUs!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite