Mindy Kaling looks stunning in Vogue: 'I don't want to be skinny'
- Photo: Norman Jean Roy/Vogue1 of 11
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com3 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram5 of 11
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram7 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
In her trademark snark, "The Mindy Project" writer and star, 34, talks designers, body image, and red carpets -- reminding women everywhere that you don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful.
"There's a whole list of things I would probably change about myself. For example, I'm always trying to lose fifteen pounds," the "fluctuating size 10" actress tells Vogue. "I never need to be skinny. I don't want to be skinny. I'm constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don't beat myself up over it."
In fact, Kaling has adapted her red carpet choices to her differing body sizes. "When I'm at my thinnest, I tend to wear things that don't show off my body," she says. "But when I'm bigger, I'll go body-con, which comes from a place of 'This is my perimeter, in case you were wondering if I was actually much bigger.'"
While her go-to designers include Marni, Roland Mouret, and David Meister, the "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?" author went more budget (but daring!) for the PaleyFest on March 25 in a Topshop croptop and skirt. "It's really tempting not to take chances," she tells Vogue. "But I don't want to be fearful. I don't want my tombstone to say, she hid her imperfections well on the red carpet."
MORE FROM VOGUE
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite