Miranda Kerr's family issues public plea for contact
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 8
- Photo: ABUS/GSI3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA5 of 8
- Photo: Eagle Press/StarTraks6 of 8
- Photo: Neilson Barnard/Getty Images North America7 of 8
More Celeb News
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:04:00 PM
- 'Auschwitz Selfie' Outrage: But You're Supposed to Take PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Marvel Announces Another 2018 ReleaseMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 3:08:00 PM
- Tommy Lee Jones Joins Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman in 'Criminal'MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:45:00 PM
- 'Gotham' Creator on Why Batman Would Spell the End of the ShowMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 2:24:00 PM
- FX Boss John Landgraf Clarifies 'True Detective' Remark Calm Down People, He&
Miranda Kerr's relatives in Australia have issued a public plea for the supermodel to head back Down Under amid claims they have not seen her in "over a year."
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The brunette beauty left her native country and moved to New York five years ago, marrying and later splitting from actor Orlando Bloom, the father of her young son Flynn.
Kerr's parents have now filmed an emotional segment for an Australian TV show in which they claim to have lost contact with the 30-year-old. In the episode of "Family Confidential," the clan claims they have not seen Kerr in "over a year" and her mother, Therese, suggests her efforts to contact her daughter are rarely reciprocated.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
She says, "Miranda's life is so different now (and) she's surrounded by 'yes' people all the time. It's so important for me to be real, to be true, to be who she needs me to be. ... We have been best friends for most of our life. We used to talk just about every day. I send her messages, just little texts to say 'I love you honey, let your little light shine ...'"
Kerr's father John reveals he didn't hear from his daughter after she split from her husband last year, and was instead told the news in a phone call from Bloom.
He says of the call, "I remember him saying 'We're always going to be family. And that's how we'll treat Orlando, Miranda and Flynn. We're all family."
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Kerr's grandmother Ann says, "I miss the baby and I think he's missing out on family, that closeness that we have always had,” and the catwalk star's brother Matthew adds, "I'd like to spend more one-on-one time instead of with an entourage of people who we don't really know. I love her to death, I just want to see her more."
A spokeswoman for Kerr tells the Herald Sun, "(She) wasn't able to be back in Australia… due to her busy international work schedule but is grateful to her parents, brother and extended family in Australia for their ongoing support and love."
The episode airs in Australia next week.
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite