Sosie Bacon named Miss Golden Globe 2014, reveals advice from famous parents
- Photo: FS2/Wonderwall1 of 5
- Photo: FS2/Wonderwall2 of 5
- Photo: Gregory Pace/Rex USA3 of 5
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Pitbull Joins LeBron James, Other NBA Stars for ESPN and ABC's Playoffs Tip-Off (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:04:00 PM
- Exclusive First Look: Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth Take on "Detectiving" for MysMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Fox CEO Jim Gianopulos to Give USC Commencement SpeechMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:24:00 AM
- Vice President Joe Biden Joins Instagram in the Most Boss Way PossibleMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:12:00 AM
- Tribeca at 13: Film Festival Is Growing Up, but Still Hard to Pin DownMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 11:07:00 AM
- Pitbull Joins LeBron James, Other NBA Stars for ESPN and ABC's Playoffs Tip-Off (Exclusive)
By Heather Newgen and Gena Oppenheim
Hollywood has a new golden girl! Who is it, you ask? On Nov. 21, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that Sosie Bacon, daughter of Kevin Bacon and wife Kyra Sedgwick, has been named Miss Golden Globe 2014. The young star spoke to Wonderwall about advice from her famous parents, plus more on the high honor.
"I think [my parents] trust me; they think I'm going to do a good job," the 21-year-old revealed while celebrating the big news at Los Angeles hotspot Fig & Olive. "They told me not to be too nervous and to be myself."
Despite having a lot of support from her family, Sosie does have some nerves about handing out awards at the 71st Annual Golden Globes -- and rightfully so!
"I'm really nervous about walking in heels and standing all night in a dress," said Sosie, who revealed she's most looking forward to meeting Claire Danes at the January award show. "I've been practicing walking in heels around my house nonstop."
The "Loverboy" actress hopes to follow in the footsteps of her mom and dad, but she admitted that she hasn't even seen most of their work yet!
"I don't really watch a lot of my parents' movies. When I was little, their movies were so inappropriate. They were all R-rated, so I wasn't allowed to watch anything," she confessed.
For now, we send out a big congratulations to Sosie on receiving such an epic privilege, which usually goes to the daughter or sometimes son of a celebrity.
Previous Miss Golden Globe honorees include Francesca Eastwood (daughter of Clint Eastwood and Frances Fisher), Sam Fox (son of Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan), Rainey Qualley (daughter of Andie MacDowell), Gia Mantegna (daughter of Joe Mantegna), and Rumer Willis (daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis).
Tune in to NBC on Jan. 12 to catch the brunette beauty perform her duties as Miss Golden Globe at the 2014 Golden Globes, hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite