MTV Defends The Situation From Abercrombie Bullies
- Photo: DJDM/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital2 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital3 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: CS5/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: WENN9 of 19
- Photo: MTV/Promotional10 of 19
- Photo: MTV/Promotional11 of 19
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.12 of 19
- Photo: Splash News13 of 19
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News14 of 19
- Photo: Nick Spaloss/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 19
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: Wagner Az, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 19
- Photo: WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Kumail Nanjiani and Jonah Ray Talk Taking a Comic Book Store Stand-Up Show to Comedy CentralMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:06:00 PM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&a
By Adam K. Raymond
The war of words between two of the country's most obnoxious things — Abercrombie & Fitch and 'Jersey Shore''s The Situation — escalated today with the release of a statement from MTV defending its favorite son from the mall favorite, which recently offered to pay him to never wear its clothes again.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Why a roast is a good thing for Charlie
"It’s a clever PR stunt, and we’d love to work with them on other ways they can leverage 'Jersey Shore' to reach the largest youth audience on television,” the statement said, rather cattily.
(At least it didn't argue, as an MTV blog did, that The Situation is better off without Abercrombie because he looks better naked).
RELATED ON VULTURE: Did Gwyneth really save someone's life?
This comes a day after The Situation responded to A&F by tweeting a link to a news story about its falling stock (it had nothing to do with him) along with the message, "Looks like Abercrombie got themself into a Situation!"
Never misses an opportunity to pun, that one. [THR]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on 'One Day'
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite