MTV Defends The Situation From Abercrombie Bullies
- Photo: DJDM/WENN1 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital2 of 19
- Photo: Retna Digital3 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP4 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: CS5/WENN8 of 19
- Photo: WENN9 of 19
- Photo: MTV/Promotional10 of 19
- Photo: MTV/Promotional11 of 19
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Ltd.12 of 19
- Photo: Splash News13 of 19
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News14 of 19
- Photo: Nick Spaloss/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 19
- Photo: Fred Montana/Splash News16 of 19
- Photo: Wagner Az, PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com17 of 19
- Photo: WENN18 of 19
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
By Adam K. Raymond
The war of words between two of the country's most obnoxious things — Abercrombie & Fitch and 'Jersey Shore''s The Situation — escalated today with the release of a statement from MTV defending its favorite son from the mall favorite, which recently offered to pay him to never wear its clothes again.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Why a roast is a good thing for Charlie
"It’s a clever PR stunt, and we’d love to work with them on other ways they can leverage 'Jersey Shore' to reach the largest youth audience on television,” the statement said, rather cattily.
(At least it didn't argue, as an MTV blog did, that The Situation is better off without Abercrombie because he looks better naked).
RELATED ON VULTURE: Did Gwyneth really save someone's life?
This comes a day after The Situation responded to A&F by tweeting a link to a news story about its falling stock (it had nothing to do with him) along with the message, "Looks like Abercrombie got themself into a Situation!"
Never misses an opportunity to pun, that one. [THR]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Get the scoop on 'One Day'
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite