Naomi Campbell to testify Aug. 5 at Taylor trial
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Larry Schwartzwald/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone (AP) -- The chief prosecutor of the war crimes tribunal for Sierra Leone says Naomi Campbell will testify next month at Charles Taylor's trial.
Prosecutors want the supermodel to say whether Taylor gave her a rough, or uncut, diamond as a gift in 1997.
The court issued the order forcing Campbell to testify after she avoided prosecutors for a year and made it known she had no wish to be part of the case.
Prosecutor Brenda Hollis said Thursday that Campbell will testify on Aug. 5 instead of July 29 as previously scheduled.
Taylor, the former president of Liberia, denies prosecutors' allegations that he provided arms and ammunition to brutal rebels during Sierra Leone's civil war in exchange for so-called blood diamonds.
RELATED: Prosecutor wants Naomi Campbell
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite