NeNe Leakes is engaged to ex-husband Gregg Leakes
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Robin/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Chris Rank/InTouch Weekly/.8 of 16
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Jibjab.com/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (PhMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:17:00 AM
- 'Working the Engels' Canceled by NBCMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:07:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 1:05 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 10:05:40 AM
- Obama: 'Entire World Is Appalled' by James Foley's MurderMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:57:00 AM
- Billy Crystal to Present Robin Williams Tribute at EmmysMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 9:30:00 AM
- Miles Teller on Lending Clothes to Hook-Ups: 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back' (Ph
"Real Housewives of Atlanta" star NeNe Leakes is engaged to her ex-husband, Gregg Leakes, she confirmed during a Jan. 3 appearance on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon."
"You start tweeting out these photos," the host said, holding up the series of romantic pictures the TV star posted on New Year's Eve. "So, are you engaged? Can you say anything?"
NeNe, 44, giggled and replied, "Well, a little after midnight, I was asked this beautiful question: 'Will you marry me -- again?'" Overcome with emotion, "The New Normal" actress accepted Gregg's proposal.
The couple, who met in 1996, divorced in 2011 after 13 years of marriage. Gregg, who was plagued by financial problems, claimed he had invested $300,000 in his wife's career and said "fame got to her head." The on-again pair share a son, Brentt, 13. (NeNe is also mom to son Bryson, from a previous relationship.)
In November, NeNe tried to keep their romance under wraps. "You know, we're divorced. I'm single and not looking. Love is beautiful thing and marriage is a beautiful thing," she told Us Weekly. "People will enjoy watching Gregg try to woo me back [during Season 5]."
But a source told Us the 58-year-old already had. "They are back together romantically. He's back in the picture, not just as a father to their son. When NeNe showed up to film, Gregg was usually there!"
Co-star Kandi Burruss is excited to see the former spouses back together. "NeNe's happier now," the singer told Us. "She and Gregg are in a better place."
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite