NeNe Leakes hospitalized
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: @neneleakes/Instagram2 of 16
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: David Bodrick/DMBJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: VM/Dmac/Rocstar/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Rank/InTouch Weekly/.14 of 16
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Reality TV star NeNe Leakes has told fans she feels "blessed to be alive" after she was hospitalized to treat blood clots in her lung.
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Housewives
The "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star alerted fans to her health crisis by posting a picture on Twitter which showed her dressed in a hospital gown with intravenous drips attached to both arms. She then revealed her diagnosis with a post on her official website.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath," she posted. "I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out. After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job. I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening."
In the post, she also denied published reports that claimed she had a heart attack. "I am fortunate to have had a wonderful experience with the doctors and nurses who took care of me," wrote the reality TV star.
RELATED: Strange Celeb Health Habits
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Party
From Crowd Ignite