NeNe Leakes hospitalized
- Photo: Twitter1 of 16
- Photo: @neneleakes/Instagram2 of 16
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: David Bodrick/DMBJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: VM/Dmac/Rocstar/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: KH1/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Rank/InTouch Weekly/.14 of 16
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 7:00:00 AM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Contestant Lolo Jones 'Embarrassed,' &aMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:58:00 AM
- QUIZ: Which Sean Bean Character Said It?MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Maria Menounos Talks Return to Her Journalistic Roots: 'Untold' Is Like Pop CulturMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:43:00 AM
- MTV and Logo TV to Air 'Laverne Cox: The T Word' DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 6:36:00 AM
- Which Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Has Been Named the New Announcer?
Reality TV star NeNe Leakes has told fans she feels "blessed to be alive" after she was hospitalized to treat blood clots in her lung.
RELATED: Favorite Pop Culture Housewives
The "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star alerted fans to her health crisis by posting a picture on Twitter which showed her dressed in a hospital gown with intravenous drips attached to both arms. She then revealed her diagnosis with a post on her official website.
"Late last week I wasn't feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath," she posted. "I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out. After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I'm told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job. I'm thankful to be alive as the doctor advised me that most people don't recognize the symptoms of blood clots and don't go to the doctor and that's when the big problems start happening."
In the post, she also denied published reports that claimed she had a heart attack. "I am fortunate to have had a wonderful experience with the doctors and nurses who took care of me," wrote the reality TV star.
RELATED: Strange Celeb Health Habits
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite