NeNe Leakes sued by wedding planner
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best TMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:56:00 PM
- TLC's 'Little People, Big World' Star Jeremy Roloff's Wedding FiMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 6:17:00 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- HBO's Beyonce-Jay Z 'On the Run Tour' Documentary Slayed Fans: The Best T
NeNe Leakes has been hit with a lawsuit by a woman who claims she is owed payment for organizing the actress' wedding.
The "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star remarried her ex-husband Gregg Leakes in June, just two years after their initial divorce was finalized, and celebrity wedding planner Tiffany Cook claims she was hired to run the event but has not received full payment.
Cook filed legal papers in Georgia claiming Leakes promised to pay her 15 percent of the entire wedding budget plus fees for the design and execution of the ceremony and travel expenses to the event.
In the court documents obtained by TMZ.com, Cook claims Leakes' budget for the wedding was $1.8 million and she is therefore entitled to $270,000 in addition to her $889,900 design fees.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
She is also asking for $1,750 in travel expenses.
Although Leakes made an initial down payment of $18,750, Cook alleges she has not received additional payment since and is suing for the remaining $1,142,900 balance, plus damages. She is demanding $2.5 million in total.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
A representative for the actress refuted Cook's claims and insisted the actual wedding planner was Tony Conway, adding, "This lawsuit has no merit and it appears to be a baseless attempt to grab 15 minutes of fame."
Leakes herself adds, "I don't owe her a f--king dime."
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite