NeNe Leakes sued by wedding planner
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 9
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.7 of 9
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
NeNe Leakes has been hit with a lawsuit by a woman who claims she is owed payment for organizing the actress' wedding.
The "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star remarried her ex-husband Gregg Leakes in June, just two years after their initial divorce was finalized, and celebrity wedding planner Tiffany Cook claims she was hired to run the event but has not received full payment.
Cook filed legal papers in Georgia claiming Leakes promised to pay her 15 percent of the entire wedding budget plus fees for the design and execution of the ceremony and travel expenses to the event.
In the court documents obtained by TMZ.com, Cook claims Leakes' budget for the wedding was $1.8 million and she is therefore entitled to $270,000 in addition to her $889,900 design fees.
RELATED: Kim Kardashian's tightest looks
She is also asking for $1,750 in travel expenses.
Although Leakes made an initial down payment of $18,750, Cook alleges she has not received additional payment since and is suing for the remaining $1,142,900 balance, plus damages. She is demanding $2.5 million in total.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
A representative for the actress refuted Cook's claims and insisted the actual wedding planner was Tony Conway, adding, "This lawsuit has no merit and it appears to be a baseless attempt to grab 15 minutes of fame."
Leakes herself adds, "I don't owe her a f--king dime."
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite