Nick Cannon: Mariah Carey and I Are Expecting Twins!
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Mark Ashman/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Ouzounova/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
It's official: Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are getting ready for baby love, times two!
On his 92.3 NOW radio show Thursday, Cannon confirmed that he and Carey are expecting twins.
"In order for my wife and I to have our life, we need to be up front and I need to be able to share things with you and be real," Cannon, 30, said.
"I didn't even tell my wife I was gonna do this," he admitted. "I'm probably gonna get yelled at for not getting permission ... We are having twins!"
It gets even better, Cannon explained. The very first folks in the world to know about the twins other than Carey, 40, and her husband Cannon were President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama! After recently performing for the "First Family for a White House Christmas" special, Carey met with the Obamas backstage, Cannon said.
"They actually even questioned my wife about [the twins]," he said. "She hadn't told anybody anything! Because of the excitement and emotion, she shared [the news] with the President and the First Lady."
The dad-to-be gushed that it will be an "awesome story" to tell their twins one day. Why the secrecy? "That was something that we were advised to keep close to ourselves," Cannon revealed.
Carey had an ultrasound on Wednesday night, Cannon added. "Everything is A-OK! Both babies are healthy and in tip-top shape. The doctors are happy."
More on Wonderwall:
Mariah, Nick & more stars enjoy some PDA
More from UsWeekly:
From Crowd Ignite