Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Nick Cannon says he's been diagnosed with a lupus-like autoimmune disease that contributed to his recent health scares.
The 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host tells People.com that the condition came to light after his hospitalization in January for kidney failure, as well as his treatment last month for two blood clots discovered in his lungs.
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he told the magazine at a DJ gig Wednesday night in New York. "I thought I was getting better," Cannon added, "and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."
Cannon said that as far as he knows, no one else in his family suffers from the condition. "They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
For now, the husband of Mariah Carey and father of twins says he's trying to take care of himself, put his health first and focus on recovery. "I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite