Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:35:00 PM
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence, More Celebs Leaked After Massive Phone HackMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole Returns Deliver 'X Factor UK' Ratings BumpMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Joan Rivers' Daughter Melissa Releases New Statement, Celebs Tweet SupportMSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:41:00 PM
- Taylor Swift Joining NBC's 'The Voice' as Guest Mentor (Report)MSNEntertainment 8/31/2014 3:12:00 PM
- Box Office: Guardians of the Galaxy Wins Labor Day Weekend
Nick Cannon says he's been diagnosed with a lupus-like autoimmune disease that contributed to his recent health scares.
The 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host tells People.com that the condition came to light after his hospitalization in January for kidney failure, as well as his treatment last month for two blood clots discovered in his lungs.
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he told the magazine at a DJ gig Wednesday night in New York. "I thought I was getting better," Cannon added, "and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."
Cannon said that as far as he knows, no one else in his family suffers from the condition. "They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
For now, the husband of Mariah Carey and father of twins says he's trying to take care of himself, put his health first and focus on recovery. "I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Ashlee's new fiance on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite