Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Revenge' Creator Mike Kelley Inks Deal With HBOMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 12:59:02 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight Lineup
Nick Cannon says he's been diagnosed with a lupus-like autoimmune disease that contributed to his recent health scares.
The 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host tells People.com that the condition came to light after his hospitalization in January for kidney failure, as well as his treatment last month for two blood clots discovered in his lungs.
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he told the magazine at a DJ gig Wednesday night in New York. "I thought I was getting better," Cannon added, "and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."
Cannon said that as far as he knows, no one else in his family suffers from the condition. "They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
For now, the husband of Mariah Carey and father of twins says he's trying to take care of himself, put his health first and focus on recovery. "I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Gretchen Rossi chats about her new swimwear line, her engagement and the infamous BFF bracelet with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite