Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Nick Cannon says he's been diagnosed with a lupus-like autoimmune disease that contributed to his recent health scares.
The 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host tells People.com that the condition came to light after his hospitalization in January for kidney failure, as well as his treatment last month for two blood clots discovered in his lungs.
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he told the magazine at a DJ gig Wednesday night in New York. "I thought I was getting better," Cannon added, "and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."
Cannon said that as far as he knows, no one else in his family suffers from the condition. "They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
For now, the husband of Mariah Carey and father of twins says he's trying to take care of himself, put his health first and focus on recovery. "I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite