Nick Cannon Reveals He Has Autoimmune Disease
- Photo: PS3/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News4 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Paul Morigi/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ./Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.10 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin11 of 16
- Photo: Barry Brecheisen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Charley Gallay/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The Killing' Final Season Premiere Date Set for AugustMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:13:00 AM
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing DanceMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Jennifer Berman Joins Roadside Attractions as SVP of Acquisitions, Co-Productions and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM
- Peter Jackson Reveals New Title for Third 'Hobbit' FilmMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:06:00 AM
- Maker Studios Partners With Viral Video King Jukin MediaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'The Killing' Final Season Premiere Date Set for August
Nick Cannon says he's been diagnosed with a lupus-like autoimmune disease that contributed to his recent health scares.
The 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host tells People.com that the condition came to light after his hospitalization in January for kidney failure, as well as his treatment last month for two blood clots discovered in his lungs.
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he told the magazine at a DJ gig Wednesday night in New York. "I thought I was getting better," Cannon added, "and then that happened, so that kind of came out of nowhere."
Cannon said that as far as he knows, no one else in his family suffers from the condition. "They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is – like a lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
For now, the husband of Mariah Carey and father of twins says he's trying to take care of himself, put his health first and focus on recovery. "I feel blessed to be alive. If it wasn't discovered, I don't know [what would have happened]."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
MORE FROM ET:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite