- Photo: James Dupri/.1 of 6
- Photo: © Faye Sadou/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: @VanessaLachey/Twitter3 of 6
- Photo: BOZFF/Fame Flynet4 of 6
- Photo: GRPR/GSI5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban SoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Talent Agents Adam Kanter, Martin Spencer Exit Resolution (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:14:00 PM
- 'Bad Words' Review: Jason Bateman's Directorial Debut Exhilarates Until IMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Newsweek Bitcoin Writer Fires Back at Tina Brown: 'I Have A Problem' With Her CommMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 6:50:00 PM
- The Best. Baseball Movie. Ever (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 5:54:00 PM
- 'Kelly & Cal' Review: New Mom Juliette Lewis Finds an Unlikely Suburban So
By Scott Huver
Nick Lachey has fully embraced the role of father-to-be. While his wife, Vanessa, has been pregnant with the couple's first child, Nick says he's been totally doting on her to keep her comfortable until she gives birth next month.
"Foot massages are kind of a must as a husband," he says. "There's been plenty of those. I'm doing a few more errands than I used to and rubbing a few more feet than I used to, but she's been a trouper. She's been great."
RELATED: Baby Bump Watch: Vanessa Lachey
Life's been pretty great to Lachey in the past few months. He's proving his mettle in the military-style competition "Stars Earn Stripes" and has gotten the band back together for a 98 Degrees reunion, but nothing has him more stoked than impending fatherhood.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
"I'm more excited than anything," the pop singer/reality star/television host says. "I don't think that as first-time parents you can ever truly grasp what's about to happen to us, but I think we're beyond excited for whatever those challenges are. We'll take them on and be the best parents we can be. So 'excitement' is definitely the key word when talking about the pregnancy."
Lachey admits the prospect of parenthood has caused him to reevaluate his priorities. "When you're about to have a kid, it changes the way that you feel about life, and it changes the way that you feel about protecting your own and protecting your family," he says.
RELATED: Maternity Style: Hits and Misses
Lachey reports that the couple's pregnancy experience has been without any speed bumps thus far. "Everything is wonderful," he says. "We've had a very smooth pregnancy, and everything looks great -- so far so good."
RELATED: Where Are They Now? Boy Bands
Now, he admits, all that's left is waiting for the baby to make his debut -- they even already know his name. "I will not divulge that name, but we do have a name," he laughs.
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Katy Perry and John Mayer to Paula Patton and Robin Thicke, get the scoop on all the breakups in Hollywood.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on all the rumors surrounding Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite