Nicky Hilton is engaged to banking heir James Rothschild
- Photo: WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Sharpshooter Images/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: @nickyhilton/Instagram3 of 6
- Photo: Getty Images/Getty Images North America4 of 6
- Photo: Matt Crossick/StarTraks5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Synopsis Details Sequel's Plot and Teases New HMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:44:00 AM
- 'The Carter' Director Launches Indiegogo Campaign for Chris Cole Skate DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 AM
- Brie Larson, Ben Kingsley to Join Daniel Radcliffe in 'Brooklyn Bridge'MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 2:12:00 AM
- 'Black Swan' Producer Jon Avnet Launches Indigenous Media With Focus on Premium DiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:00:00 AM
- Adam Lambert Replaces Keith Urban for 'American Idol' New York AuditionsMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 8:55:00 PM
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Synopsis Details Sequel's Plot and Teases New H
Five stars and beyond! Nicky Hilton is engaged to her boyfriend James Rothschild, a source exclusively confirms to Us Weekly. The Hilton Hotels heiress and fashion designer, according to the pal, said yes to her banker beau last weekend in Lake Como, Italy.
"They are both really excited and incredibly happy," the insider tells Us of the pair.
Hilton, 30, and Rothschild (the heir to the famous European banking family) started dating in 2011 after meeting at supermodel Petra Ecclestone and James Stunt's wedding in Italy. The sentimental spot was the ideal setting for Rothschild to propose.
"They went on a romantic anniversary trip over the weekend," the source reveals. "He took her out on a boat into the middle of Lake Como and he proposed, got down on one knee and everything. It was incredibly romantic and beautiful."
Rothschild, it turns out, went to great lengths to make sure all the details were secured before he popped the question. The insider tells Us: "Last month, he actually flew from England (where he is based) to the States to ask her parents for her hand in marriage!"
Now that she's said "yes," the newly-engaged couple are celebrating with an engagement-moon of sorts. "They are going on a road trip now throughout Europe and celebrating," the pal tells Us.
The bride-to-be, younger sister to Paris Hilton, has been posting several happy Instagram snaps from their engagement excursion. So far, the pair have made their way through Milan, Lake Como, and Rome.
Hilton's rep did not respond to requests for comment.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMovie Magic
From Crowd Ignite