Nicole Richie Seeking Medical Treatment After Car Accident
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital1 of 6
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Jackson Lee / Tom Meinelt/Splash News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
The star, 28, was rear-ended in her Land Rover by a paparazzo driving a Jeep Cherokee in Beverly Hills just before 2 p.m. on Monday, Lt. Tony Lee told Us.
"She complained of pain," he said, adding that she refused medical care at the scene but would "seek her own medical treatment."
According to a witness, Richie went to L.A.'s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center with her mother to be treated for minor injuries.
The driver who rear-ended Richie was arrested and charged with driving without a license, and was in the process of being "physically booked," Lee told Us. Police were still trying to verify his identity. A police spokesperson could not confirm if anyone was speeding but said that they weren't at a traffic light or intersection. "This will likely be a misdemeanor traffic violation, and the photographer's vehicle will be towed," Lt. Lee added.
An unnamed adult was a passenger in Richie's car, but her two children (Harlow, 20 months, and Sparrow, born Sept. 9) were not in the vehicle at the time of the incident.
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
From Crowd Ignite