Nicole Richie's Wedding Elephant Explained
- Photo: Jay Valena/Retna Digital1 of 7
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Kristian Dowling/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: MZA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to Creat
Folks were baffled Saturday when an elephant with an elaborate headdress was seen entering the premises of Lionel Richie's Beverly Hills estate -- where 150 guests watched his daughter and Madden exchange vows.
The answer lies in an interview Richie, 29, gave way back in November 2005, when she was then engaged to marry the late DJ A.M. (real name: Adam Goldstein).
On "Larry King Live," she told guest host Ryan Seacrest all about her wedding plans. "I want to have a very, very big wedding. I want it to be very extravagant. I want like hundreds of people and elephants ... and a horse and carriage."
Befuddled, Seacrest asked about the inclusion of elephants. "Because elephants are really good luck," Richie explained. "And they're beautiful animals. You don't think?"
To illustrate, she added: "You know, the movie 'Coming to America,'" in which Eddie Murphy plays an African prince who has a beyond-lavish wedding with elephants and many other creatures.
"I want it bigger than that," she said.
Elephant or not, Richie's actual nuptials were slightly more low-key. Richie wore three different Marchesa outfits for the black-tie, winter-themed event, attended by celeb pals like Khloe Kardashian and Samantha Ronson. Rapper-minister Rev. Run officiated the ceremony, and guests dined on goodies like homemade butternut squash ravioli, filet mignon and a dessert buffet.
"It was awesome!" a guest told Us.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite