Nicole Sullivan says celeb moms lie about baby-weight loss
- Photo: Ryan Miller/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Celebrity moms blithely attributing their speedy weight loss to breast-feeding and chasing after their kids — too good to be true? Nicole Sullivan thinks so. The comedian-actress, 42, who started her career on the variety show "MADtv" and has a recurring role on "Cougar Town" as a couples therapist, says Hollywood starlets like Jessica Alba are lying when they make such claims.
"I would flip through celeb magazines … and I just couldn't get how these moms like Jessica Alba lost so much weight so quickly and yet I couldn't," the actress tells Us Weekly in an exclusive interview at the Real Women of Jenny Craig event in New York on Jan. 23. "They all lie and say, 'Oh, I lost the weight running after the kids or breast-feeding.' It's not true!"
"I felt broken. I felt like an outsider in my own community," she continues of her postpartum experience after giving birth to her son, Dashel, now 5. "There just are not a lot of overweight people in Hollywood. I felt like the jerk who couldn't figure it out." The actress finally figured it out, she claims, when she signed on with Jenny Craig as its brand ambassador. "I had tried every other diet in the world and decided to give Jenny Craig a try. The first week, I lost five pounds and then lost an average of two pounds a week for 16 weeks. I lost 35 pounds total. It changed my life."
Sullivan has since given birth to another son, Beckett, now 3. "When I look back to when I had my first son, I was unhappy. I couldn't understand why the weight wasn't just falling off. I wish I could have that time back. With my second son, I enjoyed the whole process of him being an infant more because I wasn't mad at myself. When you are mad at yourself, you are mad at everybody. That's the problem. ... I may not look like [Alba], but at least I can keep up with other actresses now. I feel really good about myself."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite