Nicole Sullivan says celeb moms lie about baby-weight loss
- Photo: Ryan Miller/Invision/AP1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
Celebrity moms blithely attributing their speedy weight loss to breast-feeding and chasing after their kids — too good to be true? Nicole Sullivan thinks so. The comedian-actress, 42, who started her career on the variety show "MADtv" and has a recurring role on "Cougar Town" as a couples therapist, says Hollywood starlets like Jessica Alba are lying when they make such claims.
"I would flip through celeb magazines … and I just couldn't get how these moms like Jessica Alba lost so much weight so quickly and yet I couldn't," the actress tells Us Weekly in an exclusive interview at the Real Women of Jenny Craig event in New York on Jan. 23. "They all lie and say, 'Oh, I lost the weight running after the kids or breast-feeding.' It's not true!"
"I felt broken. I felt like an outsider in my own community," she continues of her postpartum experience after giving birth to her son, Dashel, now 5. "There just are not a lot of overweight people in Hollywood. I felt like the jerk who couldn't figure it out." The actress finally figured it out, she claims, when she signed on with Jenny Craig as its brand ambassador. "I had tried every other diet in the world and decided to give Jenny Craig a try. The first week, I lost five pounds and then lost an average of two pounds a week for 16 weeks. I lost 35 pounds total. It changed my life."
Sullivan has since given birth to another son, Beckett, now 3. "When I look back to when I had my first son, I was unhappy. I couldn't understand why the weight wasn't just falling off. I wish I could have that time back. With my second son, I enjoyed the whole process of him being an infant more because I wasn't mad at myself. When you are mad at yourself, you are mad at everybody. That's the problem. ... I may not look like [Alba], but at least I can keep up with other actresses now. I feel really good about myself."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Girls Night Out
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite