Nina Dobrev: "I'm in no rush" for new relationship after Ian Somerhalder split
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/VEM/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: juleshough/Instagram6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: @ninadobrev/Twitter8 of 12
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Bill Davila/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce CampbellMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Fires Writer Over Multiple Instances of PlagiarismMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:31:00 PM
- Fox at Comic-Con: James Bond Is Whack, We're Making Movies With Balls (and Jokes)MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:26:00 PM
- Sleepy Hollow Season 2: Is Ichabod a Gleek? MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 7:21:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy Pens Op-Ed, Regrets Hillary Clinton Lesbian CommentMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 6:55:00 PM
- Sam Raimi Writing 'Evil Dead' TV Series That Will Include Bruce Campbell
Slow and steady wins the race! "Vampire Diaries" star Nina Dobrev is taking things a day at a time, especially in the relationship department. At Cosmopolitan's Summer Bash on Saturday, Aug. 10, the 24-year-old actress told Us that she's "in no rush" to get into her next relationship, preferring to instead take some time for herself.
"I've been a relationship girl and I've been in long-term relationships my whole life until this point, so I think I'm looking forward to spending some time with myself and finding myself again," she told Us. "I'm just discovering different sides of me and growing and then I'll figure out what I like in a man when I see it."
The CW actress parted ways with her "Vampire Diaries" co-star, Ian Somerhalder, in May after three years of dating, but Dobrev says there are no hard feelings.
"It's all about finding out what meshes and what doesn't, and what you like and what you don't," she said. "Life is about experiences, so I guess I'm just figuring that out."
In the September issue of Cosmopolitan, the sultry star was adamant that she was not -- and is not -- defined by her relationships, romantic or otherwise.
"The whole point is being true to yourself and not losing yourself in relationships, whether romances or friendships," she told the magazine of her views.
When she does eventually get back into the dating game, however, Dobrev said that "a guy's mind and humor and talent" are what she'll be checking out.
"I need to get to know all those things before I fall for someone," she said. "I'm not a one-night-stand kind of girl."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite