Nina Dobrev: "I'm in no rush" for new relationship after Ian Somerhalder split
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/VEM/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: juleshough/Instagram6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: @ninadobrev/Twitter8 of 12
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Bill Davila/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Slow and steady wins the race! "Vampire Diaries" star Nina Dobrev is taking things a day at a time, especially in the relationship department. At Cosmopolitan's Summer Bash on Saturday, Aug. 10, the 24-year-old actress told Us that she's "in no rush" to get into her next relationship, preferring to instead take some time for herself.
"I've been a relationship girl and I've been in long-term relationships my whole life until this point, so I think I'm looking forward to spending some time with myself and finding myself again," she told Us. "I'm just discovering different sides of me and growing and then I'll figure out what I like in a man when I see it."
The CW actress parted ways with her "Vampire Diaries" co-star, Ian Somerhalder, in May after three years of dating, but Dobrev says there are no hard feelings.
"It's all about finding out what meshes and what doesn't, and what you like and what you don't," she said. "Life is about experiences, so I guess I'm just figuring that out."
In the September issue of Cosmopolitan, the sultry star was adamant that she was not -- and is not -- defined by her relationships, romantic or otherwise.
"The whole point is being true to yourself and not losing yourself in relationships, whether romances or friendships," she told the magazine of her views.
When she does eventually get back into the dating game, however, Dobrev said that "a guy's mind and humor and talent" are what she'll be checking out.
"I need to get to know all those things before I fall for someone," she said. "I'm not a one-night-stand kind of girl."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite