Nina Dobrev: "I'm in no rush" for new relationship after Ian Somerhalder split
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: VEM/MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/VEM/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 12
- Photo: RSH/ZOJ/WENN5 of 12
- Photo: juleshough/Instagram6 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: @ninadobrev/Twitter8 of 12
- Photo: Jason Merritt/Getty Images North America9 of 12
- Photo: Bill Davila/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Slow and steady wins the race! "Vampire Diaries" star Nina Dobrev is taking things a day at a time, especially in the relationship department. At Cosmopolitan's Summer Bash on Saturday, Aug. 10, the 24-year-old actress told Us that she's "in no rush" to get into her next relationship, preferring to instead take some time for herself.
"I've been a relationship girl and I've been in long-term relationships my whole life until this point, so I think I'm looking forward to spending some time with myself and finding myself again," she told Us. "I'm just discovering different sides of me and growing and then I'll figure out what I like in a man when I see it."
The CW actress parted ways with her "Vampire Diaries" co-star, Ian Somerhalder, in May after three years of dating, but Dobrev says there are no hard feelings.
"It's all about finding out what meshes and what doesn't, and what you like and what you don't," she said. "Life is about experiences, so I guess I'm just figuring that out."
In the September issue of Cosmopolitan, the sultry star was adamant that she was not -- and is not -- defined by her relationships, romantic or otherwise.
"The whole point is being true to yourself and not losing yourself in relationships, whether romances or friendships," she told the magazine of her views.
When she does eventually get back into the dating game, however, Dobrev said that "a guy's mind and humor and talent" are what she'll be checking out.
"I need to get to know all those things before I fall for someone," she said. "I'm not a one-night-stand kind of girl."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite