Dobrev on Somerhalder: You Can't Help Who You Have a Connection WithRelated: Celeb Gloss, Nina Dobrev
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 6
On her character's abusive relationship in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower":
"It is a really heavy topic, and I hope my character gives girls some perspective. I think more than anything, girls allow abuse to happen because they're embarrassed it happened and that they allowed it to happen."
"They know it's not right. Let's say a girl gets into an argument with her boyfriend, and he hits her. In the heat of the moment, she's shocked, but when she has time to cool down, she thinks, 'Well, I egged him on. It's kind of my fault.' She starts justifying why it happened and then making excuses for it. But there is no excuse for it. That's why it's so important to show girls that they can admit that it's not their fault."
Get out the vote
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite