Oprah Winfrey: I Won't Judge Rihanna for Reuniting With Chris Brown
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: AGNY/GSI7 of 20
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital8 of 20
- Photo: BD3/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional10 of 20
- Photo: VPG/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital12 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet17 of 20
- Photo: CHP/Fame Pictures18 of 20
- Photo: Martin Harris/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy ProjectMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:21:00 PM
- 'Space Station 76' Review: Liv Tyler and Matt Bomer Find Lust in Space in This ParMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:15:00 PM
- 'Black Jesus' Star Andra Fuller to Play Sabers Owner's Son on BET&apoMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Bill Maher's 'Live From DC' Is HBO's Most-Watched Comedy SpecialMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:52:00 PM
- Netflix's 'Daredevil' Casts 'Bourne' Star Scott GlennMSNEntertainment 9/15/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 4 Reasons Why We're Frustrated with The Mindy Project
Everyone seems to have an opinion about Chris Brown and Rihanna's apparent reunion.
Oprah Winfrey, however -- who recently interviewed Rihanna about her romance with the man who assaulted her in 2009 -- is committed to remaining objective.
"You know what I loved about that interview is that she came with a big, wide open heart," Winfrey explained to Extra Friday. "She was in the space of forgiveness. And that she learned a lesson, that she was repeating with Chris Brown exactly what she needed to learn from her father." (During their August sit-down, Rihanna described how her father, Ronald Fenty, was physically abusive towards her mother. As she got older, though, the songstress says she was able to recognize that Fenty was a good person deep down, and that his violent behavior was a product of his struggle to overcome serious personal demons.)
If the "We Found Love" singer, 24, is indeed serious about giving her romance with Brown another shot, Winfrey says she's in no position to criticize her choice.
"I think that if she is prepared to deal with that and is prepared to help him help himself then so be it," the talk show host said. "I have no judgment about it. That's why I can sit there and have such a great time with her because I do all my interviews with no judgment whatsoever. If that's how you choose to lead your life, that's really okay."
On the Aug. 19 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter," Rihanna got candid about her intense feelings for the "Turn Up the Music" crooner, 23.
"We love each other and we probably always will, and that's not anything that we're going to try to change," she admitted.
"I think he was the love of my life. He was my first love and I see that he loved me the same way," the Barbados-born beauty added. "The main thing for me is he's at peace. I'm not at peace if he's not happy or he's still lonely. I care. It actually matters that he finds that peace."
This week, Rihanna and Brown did little to hide their affection for one another during a series of New York PDA-fests -- first, at Griffin nightclub Monday, and then at Jay-Z's Barclays Center show on Wednesday.
On Thursday, just hours after Brown confirmed to Us Weekly he had split with girlfriend Karrueche Tran, the R&B singer shared a video message with his Twitter followers entitled "The Real Chris Brown."
In the clip, Brown admits he's "a little drunk," but that he wants to clarify a few things about falling back in love with Rihanna while still dating Tran, 23.
"When you share with history with somebody, then you tend to fall in love with somebody else, it's kinda difficult," he says. "Is there such thing as loving two people? I don't know if that's possible, but for me, I feel like that."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Oprah Winfrey: I Won't Judge Rihanna for Reuniting With Chris Brown
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry, and Naomi Campbell all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julia Roberts, Kelly Rowland, and Krysten Ritter all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Jordin Sparks, and Nicole Richie all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candice Swanepoel, Sarah Jessica Parker, and La La Anthony all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Blake Lively, Olivia Wilde, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite