Oprah Winfrey: I Won't Judge Rihanna for Reuniting With Chris BrownRelated: Chris Brown, Rihanna, Oprah Winfrey
- Photo: John Amis/AP1 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA4 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: AGNY/GSI7 of 20
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital8 of 20
- Photo: BD3/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: MTV/Promotional10 of 20
- Photo: VPG/WENN11 of 20
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital12 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP14 of 20
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN15 of 20
- Photo: Fame Flynet16 of 20
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet17 of 20
- Photo: CHP/Fame Pictures18 of 20
- Photo: Martin Harris/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 3:03:43 PM
- Bill Hader on 'SNL': Wacky, Tacky Wedding Farewell (Video) MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:55:41 PM
- The Weinstein Company Checks Into 'Suite Francaise' With Michelle WilliamsMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:53:24 PM
- Wrekin Hill Acquires U.S. Rights to John Malkovich Movie 'Siberian Education'MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:34:32 PM
- 'Senna' Director Asif Kapadia to Direct Love Story 'Ali and Nino&aposMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 1:11:10 PM
- Cannes: Magnolia Acquires Kurt Russell Western 'Bone Tomahawk'
Everyone seems to have an opinion about Chris Brown and Rihanna's apparent reunion.
Oprah Winfrey, however -- who recently interviewed Rihanna about her romance with the man who assaulted her in 2009 -- is committed to remaining objective.
"You know what I loved about that interview is that she came with a big, wide open heart," Winfrey explained to Extra Friday. "She was in the space of forgiveness. And that she learned a lesson, that she was repeating with Chris Brown exactly what she needed to learn from her father." (During their August sit-down, Rihanna described how her father, Ronald Fenty, was physically abusive towards her mother. As she got older, though, the songstress says she was able to recognize that Fenty was a good person deep down, and that his violent behavior was a product of his struggle to overcome serious personal demons.)
If the "We Found Love" singer, 24, is indeed serious about giving her romance with Brown another shot, Winfrey says she's in no position to criticize her choice.
"I think that if she is prepared to deal with that and is prepared to help him help himself then so be it," the talk show host said. "I have no judgment about it. That's why I can sit there and have such a great time with her because I do all my interviews with no judgment whatsoever. If that's how you choose to lead your life, that's really okay."
On the Aug. 19 episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter," Rihanna got candid about her intense feelings for the "Turn Up the Music" crooner, 23.
"We love each other and we probably always will, and that's not anything that we're going to try to change," she admitted.
"I think he was the love of my life. He was my first love and I see that he loved me the same way," the Barbados-born beauty added. "The main thing for me is he's at peace. I'm not at peace if he's not happy or he's still lonely. I care. It actually matters that he finds that peace."
This week, Rihanna and Brown did little to hide their affection for one another during a series of New York PDA-fests -- first, at Griffin nightclub Monday, and then at Jay-Z's Barclays Center show on Wednesday.
On Thursday, just hours after Brown confirmed to Us Weekly he had split with girlfriend Karrueche Tran, the R&B singer shared a video message with his Twitter followers entitled "The Real Chris Brown."
In the clip, Brown admits he's "a little drunk," but that he wants to clarify a few things about falling back in love with Rihanna while still dating Tran, 23.
"When you share with history with somebody, then you tend to fall in love with somebody else, it's kinda difficult," he says. "Is there such thing as loving two people? I don't know if that's possible, but for me, I feel like that."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Oprah Winfrey: I Won't Judge Rihanna for Reuniting With Chris Brown
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite