Gayle King: Oprah Winfrey Isn't Godmother to Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Carter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Hee Chul Kim/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
Blue Ivy Carter really is going to live her best life.
On Wednesday and Thursday, another rumor about Beyonce and Jay-Z's infant daughter blazed the web: That the couple chose pal Oprah Winfrey to be Blue's godmother.
When asked by Us Weekly about the story, a rep for Beyonce declined to comment. But Winfrey's BFF Gayle King finally cleared things up Friday morning on CBS' "The Early Show."
"It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away."
She added, "Let me just say, if [that report is] true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
Before King debunked the story, Kathy Griffin joked about Beyonce's famous pals. "R u fing kidding me??? Oprah is Blue Ivy's godmother???" the comedienne tweeted Thursday. "Gwyneth must b PISSED."
Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, are close pals with Gwyneth Paltrow (she was among the first to tweet about Blue's birth) and well as Winfrey, 57.
Hip-hop gossip site MediaTakeOut first reported the supposed news, adding that Jay-Z's BFF Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith was named godfather.
Blue Ivy was born in New York on Jan. 7. "She is so beautiful," Beyonce's Destiny's Child bandmate Kelly Rowland recently gushed. The first-time mom has yet to emerge in public since giving birth.
Tell Us: Would Oprah make a good godmother?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite