Gayle King: Oprah Winfrey Isn't Godmother to Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Carter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Hee Chul Kim/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Blue Ivy Carter really is going to live her best life.
On Wednesday and Thursday, another rumor about Beyonce and Jay-Z's infant daughter blazed the web: That the couple chose pal Oprah Winfrey to be Blue's godmother.
When asked by Us Weekly about the story, a rep for Beyonce declined to comment. But Winfrey's BFF Gayle King finally cleared things up Friday morning on CBS' "The Early Show."
"It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away."
She added, "Let me just say, if [that report is] true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
Before King debunked the story, Kathy Griffin joked about Beyonce's famous pals. "R u fing kidding me??? Oprah is Blue Ivy's godmother???" the comedienne tweeted Thursday. "Gwyneth must b PISSED."
Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, are close pals with Gwyneth Paltrow (she was among the first to tweet about Blue's birth) and well as Winfrey, 57.
Hip-hop gossip site MediaTakeOut first reported the supposed news, adding that Jay-Z's BFF Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith was named godfather.
Blue Ivy was born in New York on Jan. 7. "She is so beautiful," Beyonce's Destiny's Child bandmate Kelly Rowland recently gushed. The first-time mom has yet to emerge in public since giving birth.
Tell Us: Would Oprah make a good godmother?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite