Gayle King: Oprah Winfrey Isn't Godmother to Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy CarterRelated: Beyonce, Oprah Winfrey
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: John Amis/AP5 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: Hee Chul Kim/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:24:15 PM
- Why 'The Great Gatsby' Reveals A Huge Divide Between Hollywood And Its Fans (VideoMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 4:15:45 PM
- Oscar Winner Ari Sandel to Direct 'The DUFF' for CBS Films (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:55:03 PM
- Justin Bieber Spanked Over Monkey Lodging FeesMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:32:00 PM
- '21 Jump Street' Villain Rob Riggle Joins Fox Comedy 'Let's Be CMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 3:20:36 PM
- 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees
Blue Ivy Carter really is going to live her best life.
On Wednesday and Thursday, another rumor about Beyonce and Jay-Z's infant daughter blazed the web: That the couple chose pal Oprah Winfrey to be Blue's godmother.
When asked by Us Weekly about the story, a rep for Beyonce declined to comment. But Winfrey's BFF Gayle King finally cleared things up Friday morning on CBS' "The Early Show."
"It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother," King said. "She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away."
She added, "Let me just say, if [that report is] true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
Before King debunked the story, Kathy Griffin joked about Beyonce's famous pals. "R u fing kidding me??? Oprah is Blue Ivy's godmother???" the comedienne tweeted Thursday. "Gwyneth must b PISSED."
Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, are close pals with Gwyneth Paltrow (she was among the first to tweet about Blue's birth) and well as Winfrey, 57.
Hip-hop gossip site MediaTakeOut first reported the supposed news, adding that Jay-Z's BFF Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith was named godfather.
Blue Ivy was born in New York on Jan. 7. "She is so beautiful," Beyonce's Destiny's Child bandmate Kelly Rowland recently gushed. The first-time mom has yet to emerge in public since giving birth.
Tell Us: Would Oprah make a good godmother?
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite