Oprah Winfrey sparks family feud after buying father's barbershop
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Denis Farrell/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: CNN/Promotional3 of 17
- Photo: OWN via People/.4 of 17
- Photo: Walter McBride / WM Photos/Retna Ltd.5 of 17
- Photo: OWN/.6 of 17
- Photo: Manish Swarup/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Harpo Productions/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Bennet/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Ben Rose/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Oprah Winfrey is embroiled in a family feud after saving her father's barbershop business from closure.
The billionaire TV titan bought the Nashville, Tenn., barbershop which her dad, Vernon Winfrey, has run for 50 years, in an auction on Friday after he faced losing the business' new building to foreclosure.
His wife Barbara, who filed divorce papers against Vernon earlier this week, claims she has been locked out of the family company by her stepdaughter Oprah, and would have been able to pay off the store's debts herself.
RELATED: Fabulous Over 50
She tells Fox News, "I know what is going on. I'm tired of it, and I've had enough. There is no reason for it to go into foreclosure like this. The property is upside down, which is what a lot of properties are. It cost us $481,000 to build this building, but it's only worth $350,000."
"People are giving him wrong advice, and it's leaving me in a situation where all I can do is fight for me. He believes what he's told. His daughter doesn't care about the community. His daughter doesn't care about the barbershop. But I do."
However, Vernon defended his decision to allow his famous offspring to buy his property, insisting, "My wife and I, we have not been getting along well, and I did not want to endow myself to another drawn-out, struggling debt."
A representative for the media mogul adds, "Oprah purchased the property that was in foreclosure. Vernon Winfrey has been a fixture in the community for decades and will continue to manage the business on a day-to-day basis."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite