Oprah Winfrey sparks family feud after buying father's barbershopRelated: Oprah Winfrey
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Denis Farrell/AP2 of 17
- Photo: CNN/Promotional3 of 17
- Photo: OWN via People/.4 of 17
- Photo: Walter McBride / WM Photos/Retna Ltd.5 of 17
- Photo: OWN/.6 of 17
- Photo: Manish Swarup/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Harpo Productions/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Charles Bennet/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Splash News13 of 17
- Photo: Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Ben Rose/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard PrizeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 11:05:21 AM
- Cannes: Lesbian Coming-of-Age Story 'Blue Is the Warmest Color' Wins Fipresci PrizMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 10:48:45 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Cannes: 'The Missing Picture' Wins Un Certain Regard Prize
Oprah Winfrey is embroiled in a family feud after saving her father's barbershop business from closure.
The billionaire TV titan bought the Nashville, Tenn., barbershop which her dad, Vernon Winfrey, has run for 50 years, in an auction on Friday after he faced losing the business' new building to foreclosure.
His wife Barbara, who filed divorce papers against Vernon earlier this week, claims she has been locked out of the family company by her stepdaughter Oprah, and would have been able to pay off the store's debts herself.
RELATED: Fabulous Over 50
She tells Fox News, "I know what is going on. I'm tired of it, and I've had enough. There is no reason for it to go into foreclosure like this. The property is upside down, which is what a lot of properties are. It cost us $481,000 to build this building, but it's only worth $350,000."
"People are giving him wrong advice, and it's leaving me in a situation where all I can do is fight for me. He believes what he's told. His daughter doesn't care about the community. His daughter doesn't care about the barbershop. But I do."
However, Vernon defended his decision to allow his famous offspring to buy his property, insisting, "My wife and I, we have not been getting along well, and I did not want to endow myself to another drawn-out, struggling debt."
A representative for the media mogul adds, "Oprah purchased the property that was in foreclosure. Vernon Winfrey has been a fixture in the community for decades and will continue to manage the business on a day-to-day basis."
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite