Oprah Winfrey's OWN network slapped with discrimination lawsuitRelated: Oprah Winfrey
- Photo: Manish Swarup/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Raymond Hagans/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: Newspix/Rex / Rex USA/.3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Gallo Images/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Mark Wilson/AP7 of 17
- Photo: SJD/ZOJ/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: Gregory Pace / BEImages/Rex USA10 of 17
- Photo: Terry Richardson/Harper's Bazaar11 of 17
- Photo: Terry Richardson/Harper's Bazaar12 of 17
- Photo: Mark Wilkins/Fame Flynet13 of 17
- Photo: Denis Farrell/AP14 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews/Pacific Coast News15 of 17
- Photo: ABC/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Former Los Angeles Times Editor Sallie Hofmeister Joins SitrickMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:10:09 PM
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:51:14 PM
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to Be Directed by Sam Taylor-JohnsonMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades of Grey' MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- 'Ender's Game' Producer Linda McDonough Exits OddLot Entertainment to ProMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:32 PM
- Former Los Angeles Times Editor Sallie Hofmeister Joins Sitrick
By Wonderwall Editors
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
Carolyn Hommel says that while working as the senior director of scheduling and acquisitions at OWN in 2010, she was given a glowing performance review and told she was bound for a vice president position. But when Hommel became pregnant, a temporary employee took her job.
After she returned to work following a medical leave due to the birth of her child, Hommel says the temporary employee eventually took on all the responsibilities that used to be under Hommel's command. She also claims that she was no longer included in meetings that she believes she should have been a part of.
In March 2012, a month after her daughter arrived, Hommel learned she was being laid off. THR reports that although OWN execs suggested she could reapply for the vice president position, she did not get it.
The final blow came with her last performance review, which reportedly "made Hommel's job duties and responsibilities appear less 'senior' and therefore not a candidate for the new vice president position," the lawsuit alleges.
OWN has not yet commented on the lawsuit, which alleges the company is guilty of sex discrimination, disability discrimination, failure to prevent discrimination, retaliation and willful failure to pay wages upon discharge or termination, according to THR.
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite