Ozzy Osbourne injured in blaze drama
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital5 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Dan Balilty/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Apega/AP1/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Ozzy Osbourne required medical attention on Thursday morning after singeing his hair and injuring his hand while tackling a fire at his home in Beverly Hills, Calif.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
A candle that the rock icon and his manager wife, Sharon, had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small blaze in their living room. Quick-thinking Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery on Wednesday, tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread, singeing chunks of the rocker's long locks in the process.
Firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the blaze, and Sharon said she was thankful for their prompt response.
Revealing all about her early morning drama on her show, "The Talk," on Thursday, she explained, "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o'clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought) 'Something's weird smelling in here.'"
She added, "Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding. ... My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday, so he's in a complete cast. ... He comes down and goes, 'Oh the fire, the fire,' (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it, and it erupted. ... Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone). ... He's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots -- it was like 'The Three Stooges.' ... Everything you are not meant to do -- go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on -- we did it all."
The couple got a warning from the emergency workers, and now Sharon has warned other candle lovers to be extra careful. The host also used the opportunity to issue a sincere apology to Ozzy and vow never to light another candle in their house ever again.
She said, "They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!' I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again. I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed."
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite