- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital5 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Dan Balilty/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Apega/AP1/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
Ozzy Osbourne required medical attention on Thursday morning after singeing his hair and injuring his hand while tackling a fire at his home in Beverly Hills, Calif.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
A candle that the rock icon and his manager wife, Sharon, had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small blaze in their living room. Quick-thinking Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery on Wednesday, tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread, singeing chunks of the rocker's long locks in the process.
Firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the blaze, and Sharon said she was thankful for their prompt response.
Revealing all about her early morning drama on her show, "The Talk," on Thursday, she explained, "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o'clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought) 'Something's weird smelling in here.'"
She added, "Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding. ... My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday, so he's in a complete cast. ... He comes down and goes, 'Oh the fire, the fire,' (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it, and it erupted. ... Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone). ... He's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots -- it was like 'The Three Stooges.' ... Everything you are not meant to do -- go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on -- we did it all."
The couple got a warning from the emergency workers, and now Sharon has warned other candle lovers to be extra careful. The host also used the opportunity to issue a sincere apology to Ozzy and vow never to light another candle in their house ever again.
She said, "They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!' I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again. I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed."
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite