- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital5 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/AP6 of 10
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Dan Balilty/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Apega/AP1/WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender SupermanMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:25:07 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory,' 'American Horror Story' Lead Critics&aposMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:00:16 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Liberace Lights Up the HomestretchMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 5:48:14 AM
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing with the StarsMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:25:06 PM
- The Wit & Wisdom of 'Modern Family's Gloria Delgado-PritchettMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 7:49:00 PM
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender Superman
Ozzy Osbourne required medical attention on Thursday morning after singeing his hair and injuring his hand while tackling a fire at his home in Beverly Hills, Calif.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
A candle that the rock icon and his manager wife, Sharon, had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small blaze in their living room. Quick-thinking Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery on Wednesday, tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread, singeing chunks of the rocker's long locks in the process.
Firefighters were called to the scene and quickly put out the blaze, and Sharon said she was thankful for their prompt response.
Revealing all about her early morning drama on her show, "The Talk," on Thursday, she explained, "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o'clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought) 'Something's weird smelling in here.'"
She added, "Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding. ... My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday, so he's in a complete cast. ... He comes down and goes, 'Oh the fire, the fire,' (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it, and it erupted. ... Ozzy's front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone). ... He's got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots -- it was like 'The Three Stooges.' ... Everything you are not meant to do -- go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on -- we did it all."
The couple got a warning from the emergency workers, and now Sharon has warned other candle lovers to be extra careful. The host also used the opportunity to issue a sincere apology to Ozzy and vow never to light another candle in their house ever again.
She said, "They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy's like, 'She's been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!' I apologize to my husband because he put himself out. He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again. I want to thank the firemen from Beverly Hills Fire Station because you are magnificent there and I want to say to everyone out there, please, please check your candles before you go to bed."
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite