Padma Lakshmi: 'I'm like a truck driver' trapped inside a model's body
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Brian To/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: GERARDO SOMOZA/StarTraks3 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America5 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Desiree Navarro/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:06:02 AM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&
As far as hazards of the trade go, Padma Lakshmi knows she's got it pretty good with her "Top Chef" gig.
In the new issue of Playboy (on stands Nov. 20), the Bravo host discusses her tendency to pack on the pounds while she films the reality show.
"My digestive tract is ironclad and can really take a beating," Lakshmi says of the rich foods she samples for the show. Before filming begins, the mom to Krishna, 2, preps for some inevitable weight gain by thinking about what to wear on camera.
"Having been a model for 15 years, I ... know a thing or two about how to dress if I've put on a few pounds," Lakshmi, 42, reveals. "And I usually gain between 10 and 15 pounds over six weeks each season. Then I spend 12 weeks working it off."
After more than six years of sampling the creations of wannabe "Top Chefs," Lakshmi says her palate has become so refined, "If I kissed you, I could probably tell you what you had for lunch," Lakshmi boasts.
Just because she's used to fancy, innovative cuisine doesn't mean she needs special treatment during date nights.
"A lot of men get frustrated with me, actually, because I am like a guy. Honestly, I'm like a truck driver trapped inside this body," she shares. "I don't want to be your best friend. I don't expect you to give me a birthday card or send me flowers. I don't need fancy trips. You could take me across the street. Don't get me wrong. That stuff's nice, but I am a physical and sensual person. I love to be held. I love massages. I'm just not a Hallmark kind of gal."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTArt Class
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite