Pamela Anderson says she never 'felt beautiful'
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI3 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin6 of 11
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 11
- Photo: Bryan Steffy/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Pamela Anderson has graced the cover of Playboy a record 13 times, but the '90s pinup girl says she's always been insecure about her looks. "I don't know if I ever really felt beautiful," the 46-year-old "Baywatch" babe tells Buzzfeed. "I always feel like I don't -- I don't, really."
The actress and activist -- who lists Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot and Marilyn Monroe as her style and beauty icons -- says people have been trying to downplay her looks since her career began. "Baywatch" producers, for instance, asked the buxom blonde to stop wearing false eyelashes on camera. "I said, 'I have my look. This is what I'm comfortable in.' Sometimes my eyelashes would roll up onto the beach and that's all that would be left of me. But I was determined to be glamorous. Oh, I loved it, I loved it!"
"I thought, 'If you're going to be on TV, and if you're gonna be out and glamorous, the natural look can stay at home. If we're gonna do this, let's have fun with it!'" she added. "I actually just did a shoot, and they took all the makeup off and put me in a ponytail, and I said, 'Well, OK, we'll try that."
The former "Dancing With the Stars" competitor says she's softening her look now that she's in the midst of her forties. "I don't know if it's because I'm so hot, but they definitely try to tone down my sex appeal," she tells Buzzfeed. "I think it's time, though -- you know, you grow up and you change your look. I feel different from how I did in my Playboy days. Now, I think I'm in charge of toning down my look or not."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite