Pamela Anderson says she never 'felt beautiful'
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI3 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Eliot Press/Bauer-Griffin6 of 11
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage8 of 11
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin9 of 11
- Photo: Bryan Steffy/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Pamela Anderson has graced the cover of Playboy a record 13 times, but the '90s pinup girl says she's always been insecure about her looks. "I don't know if I ever really felt beautiful," the 46-year-old "Baywatch" babe tells Buzzfeed. "I always feel like I don't -- I don't, really."
The actress and activist -- who lists Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot and Marilyn Monroe as her style and beauty icons -- says people have been trying to downplay her looks since her career began. "Baywatch" producers, for instance, asked the buxom blonde to stop wearing false eyelashes on camera. "I said, 'I have my look. This is what I'm comfortable in.' Sometimes my eyelashes would roll up onto the beach and that's all that would be left of me. But I was determined to be glamorous. Oh, I loved it, I loved it!"
"I thought, 'If you're going to be on TV, and if you're gonna be out and glamorous, the natural look can stay at home. If we're gonna do this, let's have fun with it!'" she added. "I actually just did a shoot, and they took all the makeup off and put me in a ponytail, and I said, 'Well, OK, we'll try that."
The former "Dancing With the Stars" competitor says she's softening her look now that she's in the midst of her forties. "I don't know if it's because I'm so hot, but they definitely try to tone down my sex appeal," she tells Buzzfeed. "I think it's time, though -- you know, you grow up and you change your look. I feel different from how I did in my Playboy days. Now, I think I'm in charge of toning down my look or not."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRing Speculation
From Crowd Ignite