Pamela Anderson to run NYC marathon for charity
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: Miles Willis/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: NP2/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI8 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI9 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:40:00 AM
- 'Mad Men's' Matthew Weiner Q&A: Are We Over-Analyzing TV?MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 11:25:00 AM
- Sony Overhauls 'Smurfs' Franchise, Plans 'Popeye' MovieMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:20:00 AM
- Body of Proof's Nic Bishop Joins Covert AffairsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 10:18:00 AM
- CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory for Three More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:58:00 AM
- Rooney Mara in Negotiations to Play Tiger Lily in Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Every November, celebrities flock to New York in the name of charity and run The ING New York City Marathon and ETonline can exclusively reveal that multi-hyphenate Pamela Anderson will running this year in support of J/P Haitian Relief Organization, a non-profit organization founded by Sean Penn in response to the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti.
"I've been a supporter of JP from early stages," Anderson exclusively tells ETonline. "In last few years I have become more involved. If you go to Haiti, you fall in love. It is intoxicating. I have worked to defend animal rights and environmental warriors for decades. They all cross paths. Haiti has been mostly deforested, sadly, which affects wildlife and people. It is vulnerable. I really believe Haiti might be the heart of the world."
Anderson will join five elite Haitian marathon runners as part of J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign: Astrel Clovis, 43, Petrus Cesarion, 31, Jean Macksony, 27, Bertine Laine, 31 and Carline Lamour, 21 -- each making their first-ever visits to the United States.
J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign will be raising funds through Crowdrise to support J/P HRO programs that provide health care, education, construction and the safe return to permanent housing for people left homeless by the 2010 earthquake.
"I've never taken on a physical challenge like this, but I am willing to do something to show my dedication," Anderson adds. "It is incomparable to the struggle people face. I didn't just want to be the kiss at the finish line. I wanted to do more, and if I can raise $500,000, it is going to be a blessing to Haiti.
For more information on J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign, click here, and to donate to their Crowdrise page, click here.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite