Pamela Anderson to run NYC marathon for charity
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 11
- Photo: Miles Willis/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 11
- Photo: DJDM/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: NP2/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI8 of 11
- Photo: GADE/GSI9 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Every November, celebrities flock to New York in the name of charity and run The ING New York City Marathon and ETonline can exclusively reveal that multi-hyphenate Pamela Anderson will running this year in support of J/P Haitian Relief Organization, a non-profit organization founded by Sean Penn in response to the 2010 earthquakes in Haiti.
"I've been a supporter of JP from early stages," Anderson exclusively tells ETonline. "In last few years I have become more involved. If you go to Haiti, you fall in love. It is intoxicating. I have worked to defend animal rights and environmental warriors for decades. They all cross paths. Haiti has been mostly deforested, sadly, which affects wildlife and people. It is vulnerable. I really believe Haiti might be the heart of the world."
Anderson will join five elite Haitian marathon runners as part of J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign: Astrel Clovis, 43, Petrus Cesarion, 31, Jean Macksony, 27, Bertine Laine, 31 and Carline Lamour, 21 -- each making their first-ever visits to the United States.
J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign will be raising funds through Crowdrise to support J/P HRO programs that provide health care, education, construction and the safe return to permanent housing for people left homeless by the 2010 earthquake.
"I've never taken on a physical challenge like this, but I am willing to do something to show my dedication," Anderson adds. "It is incomparable to the struggle people face. I didn't just want to be the kiss at the finish line. I wanted to do more, and if I can raise $500,000, it is going to be a blessing to Haiti.
For more information on J/P HRO's "The Long Run for Haiti" campaign, click here, and to donate to their Crowdrise page, click here.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite