Paris Hilton is latest 'swatting' victim
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America1 of 9
- Photo: Rodrigo Gaya/World Red Eye/.2 of 9
- Photo: Seth Browarnik/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Michael Todaro Photography/.4 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: @ParisHilton/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Police were called to Paris Hilton's Los Angeles home on Saturday in response to an apparent prank call.
Officers rushed to the socialite's property after a 911 call suggested an emergency there, but when they arrived at the house, they found nothing wrong.
Editors at TMZ.com report Hilton was the latest victim of a "swatting" prank, in which callers phone in fake crimes to elicit an urgent police response.
Hilton appears to have escaped all the drama -- she took to her Twitter page on Saturday to reveal she was partying in Miami.
Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood, Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber are among the stars who have fallen victim to swatting in recent months.
In February, a 12-year-old boy was charged in connection to a false emergency call that sparked the police raid on Kutcher's L.A. home in October 2012 and has since admitted wasting the authorities' time.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite