Paris Hilton is latest 'swatting' victim
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images North America1 of 9
- Photo: Rodrigo Gaya/World Red Eye/.2 of 9
- Photo: Seth Browarnik/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Michael Todaro Photography/.4 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: @ParisHilton/Twitter7 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The Huntsman' Release Set for April 2016 and 'The Mummy' Moves MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 2:03:00 PM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- 'The Huntsman' Release Set for April 2016 and 'The Mummy' Moves
Police were called to Paris Hilton's Los Angeles home on Saturday in response to an apparent prank call.
Officers rushed to the socialite's property after a 911 call suggested an emergency there, but when they arrived at the house, they found nothing wrong.
Editors at TMZ.com report Hilton was the latest victim of a "swatting" prank, in which callers phone in fake crimes to elicit an urgent police response.
Hilton appears to have escaped all the drama -- she took to her Twitter page on Saturday to reveal she was partying in Miami.
Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood, Ashton Kutcher and Justin Bieber are among the stars who have fallen victim to swatting in recent months.
In February, a 12-year-old boy was charged in connection to a false emergency call that sparked the police raid on Kutcher's L.A. home in October 2012 and has since admitted wasting the authorities' time.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite