Paris Hilton Lands in Nazi Salute Furor, Insists She Was Dancing, Not GesturingRelated: Hot Gossip, Paris Hilton
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 8
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures3 of 8
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures4 of 8
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News5 of 8
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: The Festival Has Female Troubles, AgainMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 6:10:04 AM
- Review: Willy Moon impresses with debut albumMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 5:44:40 AM
- 'The Hangover Part III' Review: Thank God for Peculiar, Perverse - and OutrageouslMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 10:10:35 PM
- Zendaya on top heading into Dancing with the Stars finaleMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 8:55:32 PM
- Sleepless in Cannes: Moguls Haunt the Majestic Hotel Bar MSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 8:03:47 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: The Festival Has Female Troubles, Again
We've never expected very much from Paris Hilton. Like, say, following through on her post-jail promise to give up partying and dedicate herself to making the world a better place. Or avoiding pot-smoke-scented international incidents.
Truth is, the bar on her behavior is set low enough that her worryingly little-seen pooch Tinkerbell could limbo under it. But has she sunk to offensive new depths by making a Jesse James-approved gesture?
In a photo published Monday in the London Daily Mail, Paris is seen on a yacht in Saint-Tropez with a red cap on her head, her right arm raised in what could be construed as a Nazi-like salute and her left hand mimicking what may or may not be a Hitler moustache.
RELATED: Paris pics aplenty
So, is she about to land on the top of Mel Gibson's dating wish list? Not according to her rep, who insists the starlet, 29, was boogying, not being a bigot.
"Paris was dancing and having fun with her arm up in the air, as she always dances like that and was scratching [her] face when a photo was taken," the mouthpiece explains to the Daily Mail. "The hat was not a communist hat, it's a military-style hat from a club. Half of her family is Jewish and many of her friends are as well."
OK, we'll give her the benefit of the doubt, although this isn't the first time she's been accused of being racially insensitive. Back in 2004, Hilton was reportedly caught on tape using the N-word.
Paris, for her part, seems oblivious to the controversy and is continuing on with her extended European vacation aboard a borrowed luxury yacht, which she has boasted comes with its "own pool, hot tub, movie theatre, recording studio, spa/massage room [and] gym."
Hours after the picture emerged, she excitedly tweeted, "Just went scuba diving in the sea with my cousins. Loves it." She quickly added, "Off to do some afternoon yoga with the girls."
Paris could probably use some meditative time amid her debauchery-heavy, champagne-fueled getaway, which has apparently included a run-in with ex-boyfriend Doug Reinhardt.
According to the New York Post, she was annoyed to find her former flame at the same Saint-Tropez hot spot late last week, so after chugging copious amounts of bubbly and giving Doug the stink eye across the club, she made her move.
RELATED: Paris: I'm better off without Doug
"She asked the deejay to announce, 'Paris wants Doug Reinhardt to get out,'" a spy tells the paper. "He left 30 minutes later with his head down."
He wasn't the only one who was having trouble keeping his noggin aloft that night. Hilton was snapped looking pie-eyed as she flashed her underpants (yawn -- again) and got intimate with the floor of the club.
Security was spotted hoisting her up as she clutched a microphone in her hand (she was presumably pulling her signature move of aurally defiling the scene by belting out "Stars Are Blind").
But any hangover Paris may have suffered appeared to be short-lived. Over the weekend, she was seen quaffing alcohol poured directly into her mouth by a minion and whooping it up in a champagne shower (click through the pictures at left for, oh, let's just call 'em highlights).
"I love life and love living it to the fullest!" Hilton tweeted on Sunday. "You only live once! :)"
Read more Hot Gossip
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite