Paris Hilton Peeved During GMA Interview, Stops Midway ThroughRelated: Paris Hilton
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 2
More Celeb News
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 7:34:58 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Driving Record Memorial Day Weekend at Box Office
Things got downright uncomfortable during Paris Hilton's interview with ABC's Dan Harris Wednesday, when the journalist asked the socialite if her pop culture spotlight has dimmed with the rise of other reality personalities.
"The celebutante marketplace has become rather crowded since Paris Hilton burst onto the scene in the late 1990s," Harris says in the piece. "People like Hilton's former protégé and sometimes 'frenemy' Kim Kardashian have been eating up a lot of the oxygen, with hit reality shows and a mountain of magazine covers."
During the chat, conducted at Hilton's new Los Angeles home, Harris noted how while Hilton is clearly the original celebutante, ratings for her new show, "The World According to Paris," have been awful, leading to speculation the girl known for saying "That's hot" has cooled off considerably.
"Do you worry at times that the people who have followed in your footsteps, like Kim Kardashian, are overshadowing you?" Harris asked.
"No, not at all," a sullen Hilton replied, noting that she's not discouraged by the show's low ratings to-date.
Harris pressed on: "Do you ever wonder...about your moment having passed?"
At that point, a peeved Paris peered off-screen, leading to what Harris called "a long, heated conversation with Hilton and her publicist" before taping of the segment resumed.
The chat ended on friendly terms, Harris said, as he took a tour of her mansion and even received a hug from the heiress as he left.
The season finale of "The World According to Paris" airs on Oxygen Wednesday at 10/9c.
RELATED ON RADAR:
- 7 Wonders for May 24, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 23, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite