Paris Hilton Peeved During GMA Interview, Stops Midway ThroughRelated: Paris Hilton
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Things got downright uncomfortable during Paris Hilton's interview with ABC's Dan Harris Wednesday, when the journalist asked the socialite if her pop culture spotlight has dimmed with the rise of other reality personalities.
"The celebutante marketplace has become rather crowded since Paris Hilton burst onto the scene in the late 1990s," Harris says in the piece. "People like Hilton's former protégé and sometimes 'frenemy' Kim Kardashian have been eating up a lot of the oxygen, with hit reality shows and a mountain of magazine covers."
During the chat, conducted at Hilton's new Los Angeles home, Harris noted how while Hilton is clearly the original celebutante, ratings for her new show, "The World According to Paris," have been awful, leading to speculation the girl known for saying "That's hot" has cooled off considerably.
"Do you worry at times that the people who have followed in your footsteps, like Kim Kardashian, are overshadowing you?" Harris asked.
"No, not at all," a sullen Hilton replied, noting that she's not discouraged by the show's low ratings to-date.
Harris pressed on: "Do you ever wonder...about your moment having passed?"
At that point, a peeved Paris peered off-screen, leading to what Harris called "a long, heated conversation with Hilton and her publicist" before taping of the segment resumed.
The chat ended on friendly terms, Harris said, as he took a tour of her mansion and even received a hug from the heiress as he left.
The season finale of "The World According to Paris" airs on Oxygen Wednesday at 10/9c.
RELATED ON RADAR:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Check out some of Olivia Wilde's best street style.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite