'Parks and Recreation' Actress: I'm An Idiot For Not Knowing Who Ryan Gosling WasRelated: Celeb Spotlight, Ryan Gosling
- Photo: WENN/Wireimage/.1 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG2 of 20
- Photo: Dean/Bryan/National Photo Group/.3 of 20
- Photo: Dean, Chris Behnke/NPG/.4 of 20
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 20
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin9 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP15 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: MWB/RSG/ZOJ/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
"Parks and Recreation" star Aubrey Plaza is still kicking herself for not recognizing the handsome A-list fan who approached her: hunky Ryan Gosling.
RELATED: Hollywood's 50 Hottest Bachelors
"I had a funny thing with Ryan Gosling once, where he approached me at a juice bar and I didn't recognize him, because I'm an idiot," says Plaza, who stars on the NBC sitcom and headlines the quirky indie film "Safety Not Guaranteed," in theaters June 8.
"He approached me and said, 'I'm a really big fan of the show.' I said, 'Thanks. You look really familiar. I know -- we know each other.' He was like, 'No, we don't.' I was like, 'Yeah -- have we worked together? Are you an actor?' He goes, 'Yes.' 'What's your name?' 'Ryan.' I still didn't get it. I still had no idea who he was."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling on a motorcycle
Plaza says at that point she realized Gosling was having a little fun by leaving her hanging. "He was kind of looking at me, kind of smirking and I was like, 'No. We know each other,'" she recalls. "He said, 'I'm telling you, we don't know each other, but I'm a really big fan of the show.' I was like, 'OK, Ryan the Actor, whoever you are. I know we know each other.' Then he left, and then a second later I was like, 'Oh my God, that was Ryan Gosling! I'm an a------.'"
The story was a stunner for her Gosling-obsessed friends, says Plaza. "Everyone was like, 'How could you do that?'" Her excuse? "I was just so focused on getting a smoothie."
Now that she's realized who he is, the comedienne did want to offer a personal message to her famous fan: "Ryan, I'm so sorry. I'll see you at the altar."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling Rocks
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite