'Parks and Recreation' Actress: I'm An Idiot For Not Knowing Who Ryan Gosling Was
- Photo: WENN/Wireimage/.1 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG2 of 20
- Photo: Dean/Bryan/National Photo Group/.3 of 20
- Photo: Dean, Chris Behnke/NPG/.4 of 20
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 20
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin9 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: MWB/RSG/ZOJ/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
By Scott Huver
"Parks and Recreation" star Aubrey Plaza is still kicking herself for not recognizing the handsome A-list fan who approached her: hunky Ryan Gosling.
RELATED: Hollywood's 50 Hottest Bachelors
"I had a funny thing with Ryan Gosling once, where he approached me at a juice bar and I didn't recognize him, because I'm an idiot," says Plaza, who stars on the NBC sitcom and headlines the quirky indie film "Safety Not Guaranteed," in theaters June 8.
"He approached me and said, 'I'm a really big fan of the show.' I said, 'Thanks. You look really familiar. I know -- we know each other.' He was like, 'No, we don't.' I was like, 'Yeah -- have we worked together? Are you an actor?' He goes, 'Yes.' 'What's your name?' 'Ryan.' I still didn't get it. I still had no idea who he was."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling on a motorcycle
Plaza says at that point she realized Gosling was having a little fun by leaving her hanging. "He was kind of looking at me, kind of smirking and I was like, 'No. We know each other,'" she recalls. "He said, 'I'm telling you, we don't know each other, but I'm a really big fan of the show.' I was like, 'OK, Ryan the Actor, whoever you are. I know we know each other.' Then he left, and then a second later I was like, 'Oh my God, that was Ryan Gosling! I'm an a------.'"
The story was a stunner for her Gosling-obsessed friends, says Plaza. "Everyone was like, 'How could you do that?'" Her excuse? "I was just so focused on getting a smoothie."
Now that she's realized who he is, the comedienne did want to offer a personal message to her famous fan: "Ryan, I'm so sorry. I'll see you at the altar."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling Rocks
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite