Patrick Duffy Fine With Killer's Release
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & BeautifulMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 4:01:48 PM
- Brad Pitt Names Jeremy Kleiner Co-President of Plan B EntertainmentMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 3:15:58 PM
- E!'s 'The Wanted Life' Preview: Scooter Braun Stages an Intervention (VidMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:55:28 PM
- David Janollari Signs 3-Year Development Deal With NBCMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 2:42:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston Stages Mini 'Friends' Reunion for 'Ellen'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 1:59:12 PM
- Cannes: Sundance Selects Nabs Rights to Francois Ozon's 'Young & Beautiful
Patrick Duffy has no concerns about his parent's killer walking the streets, insisting the man has been punished enough.
Duffy's mother and father were gunned down in 1986 as two men, Sean Wentz and Kenneth Miller, raided the bar they ran in Montana.
The robbers were sentenced to 75 years in prison for the slaying, but Miller was released on parole in 2007 after Wentz confessed he was a lone gunman during the incident.
But Duffy is adamant he is not upset at the decision to free Miller, even though he backs a campaign by his sister -- an ex-cop -- to keep the killers behind bars.
RELATED: Celebrity Offspring
He tells The Times Magazine, "I'm OK with that. My sister's not. I understand. She said, 'My parents, after 20 years, do not get their life back. He should not get his life back either.' My point of view is he's already been punished. You know, whether he's in prison or out of prison."
He added, "I've signed the petitions for her. Every time there would be a parole hearing, she would go with a lawyer and state the case that they should stay in jail and I would sign the letter, you know, as a son, that they should stay in jail, but when one of them was finally paroled, I said, 'Well, that's the end of that.'"
Duffy credits his Buddhist faith with helping him come to terms with the tragedy, telling Britain's OK! magazine, "I was stunned that my reaction included compassion for them (robbers). ... I am not a cold and uncaring person. So why am I not devastated emotionally by this? I realize that by now, in all probability, even if they had not been killed, they would be dead. All parents die."
RELATED: Girls With Powerful Fathers
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite