- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: RD/Curley/Retna Digital2 of 13
- Photo: WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: WENN4 of 13
- Photo: WENN5 of 13
- Photo: WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Peter Tangen/Promotional8 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Bob Mahoney/Lifetime/Promotional10 of 13
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Adriana Barazza/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX FMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:53:00 AM
- James Franco Calls New York Times Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch' Over 'OMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:51:00 AM
- Netflix, Snapchat, 'Veronica Mars' Win Producers Guild AwardsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Survivor' Hits Low, But Still Tops NightMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:25:00 AM
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Sexual Assault Allegations: Read the Full LawsuitMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:06:00 AM
- Exclusive: Franklin & Bash's Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Breckin Meyer Heading to ATX F
By Carrie Bell
With only six shopping days left before Christmas, the pressure is on to find the perfect present for your special someone. This task can be even more difficult if the relationship is new, so Wonderwall sought the advice of "Millionaire Matchmaker" Patti Stanger on go-to gifts for the newly dating.
"For women, jewelry, always. It just depends which part of the body you are getting it for," she explained at the Disney on Ice premiere of "Toy Story 3" in Los Angeles. "[If it's for a] first date or someone you recently met, go with earrings. Necklaces are good if you are in a relationship and you are serious but not marriage serious. A bracelet means you're on a contingency plan. It says, 'I haven't decided if I really like you.' If you really want to get serious, choose a ring."
Women should think sartorial for their sweethearts. "You have to give the guy clothes, because you want him to look hot on your dates and most guys do not know how to dress," Stanger continued. "Go to Bloomingdale's, buy a couple of nice button-up shirts, a great pair of jeans -- stay away from the skinny jeans -- and a nice pair of shoes that go with everything. Then he has an outfit for your next date, and he will look cute enough that you'll want to jump his bones, which is his real present. So get clothes for him and you both win.”
She believes so wholeheartedly in her advice that she plans on following it herself this year. "I'm dating someone right now that has a collection of Hawaiian shirts, so you know what I'm getting him. I tried to tell him Hawaiian shirts can only be worn in Hawaii. He thinks they're vintage and cool, and I'm like, 'No, they're just bad.'"
The newly svelte Stanger also sympathizes about how hard it is to avoid putting on pounds around the holidays. Currently working on a diet guide and cookbook, she also had a few tips for avoiding a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly. "Allow one cheat meal a week. Purge your house of junk food," she suggests. "Another tip is learning how to do substitutions for things like dairy. I had to cook for seven years for one of my exes who was kosher. I learned a lot of my tricks there. I learned how to use less oils and less butters without losing the flavors. I make a mean butternut squash soup. Most people make it with tons of cream. I put canned pears in instead, and that thickens it up and helps it emulsify. I also make a vegetable soup using a similar trick, and it gives it a little sweet tarty flavor. You can use apple butters and pumpkin butter as a substitute, and that helps cut the calories."
She also has a secret weapon regarding the liquid diet. "I'm a Splenda addict. I substitute it for sugar all the time. It's chemical, probably the worse thing in the world, and it will probably kill me, but I just love it. I use it in all my alcoholic drinks to make them less fattening. Splenda mojitos are delicious.”
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite